CS/CS/HB 239: Practice of Optometry
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health Quality Subcommittee ; Caldwell ; Williams ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Antone ; Artiles ; Broxson ; Coley ; Cummings ; Davis ; Gaetz ; Hudson ; Mayfield ; McBurney ; O'Toole ; Pafford ; Pigman ; Rangel ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Rodrigues, R.
Practice of Optometry; Authorizes certified optometrist to administer & prescribe ocular pharmaceutical agents; requires certified optometrist to complete board-approved course & examination on general & ocular pharmaceutical agents before administering or prescribing those agents; provides conditions under which holder of optometric faculty certificate may administer & prescribe oral ocular pharmaceutical agents; authorizes certified optometrist to perform certain eye examinations; requires reporting of adverse incidents in practice of optometry to DOH according to specified procedures.
Last Action: 4/23/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-26
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 02/07/13, 2:00 pm, 306 HOB
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -HJ 155
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 152
• Introduced -HJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/07/13, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 147
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 2 -HJ 242
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 239
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 256
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/21/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 300
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 323
• Amendment(s) adopted (298375) -HJ 327
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 327
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 292
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 292
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 301
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 301
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 278 -SJ 301
• Read 2nd time -SJ 301
• Read 3rd time -SJ 302
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 302
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 455
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 618
• Approved by Governor -HJ 703
• Chapter No. 2013-26
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.