CS/HB 115: Public Meetings/University Direct-Support Organization
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Government Operations Subcommittee ; Pigman
Public Meetings/University Direct-Support Organization; Provides exemption from public meeting requirements for any portion of meeting of board of directors of university DSO, or of executive committee or other committees of board, at which proposal seeking research funding from organization or plan or program for initiating or supporting research is discussed; provides for review & repeal of exemption; provides statement of public necessity.
• Referred to Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee, 01/08/14, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -HJ 152
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 152
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/05/14, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 17
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 217
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 215
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 207
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/20/14, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 325
• Placed on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 351
• Amendment(s) failed (465459) -HJ 351
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 371
• CS passed; YEAS 83 NAYS 33 -HJ 371
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 378
• Received -SJ 378
• Withdrawn from Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 600
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 600
• Substituted for CS/SB 318 -SJ 600
• Read 2nd time -SJ 600
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 646
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 2 -SJ 646
• Immediately certified -SJ 648
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 778
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-27
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.