HB 231: Admissions Tax
GENERAL BILL by Brodeur ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caldwell ; Stewart
Admissions Tax; Revises professional sporting events that are exempt from admissions tax.
Last Action: 5/14/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-29
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 02/04/14, 4:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 154
• Now in Finance and Tax Subcommittee -HJ 154
• Introduced -HJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Subcommittee, 03/06/14, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Subcommittee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 216
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 216
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/21/14, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 337
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 337
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 423
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 432
• Passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 432
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 452
• Received -SJ 452
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 1107
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1107
• Substituted for SB 330 -SJ 1107
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1107
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1107
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 2 -SJ 1107
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1323
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-29
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.