The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 530: Postsecondary Education Textbook and Instructional Materials Affordability
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Flores
Postsecondary Education Textbook and Instructional Materials Affordability; Requiring the State Board of Education and the Board of Governors to adopt textbook and instructional materials affordability policies, procedures, and guidelines; providing requirements for the use of adopted undergraduate textbooks and instructional materials and authorizing exceptions; requiring a public postsecondary institution to post in its course registration system and on its website information relating to required and recommended textbooks and instructional materials and prices thereof, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 45
• Introduced -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/11/14, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 242
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 247
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/02/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 460
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 460
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.