CS/CS/SB 638: Charities
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Commerce and Tourism ; Brandes
Charities; Excluding charitable organizations or sponsors disqualified by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services from receiving certain tax exemptions; revising the applicability of the Solicitation of Contributions Act; requiring that the financial statements of certain charitable organizations or sponsors be audited or reviewed; requiring each officer, director, trustee, or owner of a professional solicitor and any employee of a professional solicitor that conducts certain telephonic solicitations to obtain a solicitor license from the department, etc. APPROPRIATION: $415,528.00
Last Action: 4/29/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 629 (Ch. 2014-122) -SJ 803
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 53
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/10/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -SJ 137
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 137
• Introduced -SJ 52
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 03/19/14, 5:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 318
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 318
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 620
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 621
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 620
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 801
• Amendment(s) adopted (135114, 175710, 335824) -SJ 802
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 629 -SJ 803
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 629 (Ch. 2014-122) -SJ 803
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.