SB 856: Fraudulent Transfers
GENERAL BILL by Detert
Fraudulent Transfers; Authorizing the court to order any property, debt, or other obligation due the judgment debtor to be applied toward the satisfaction of the judgment debt; authorizing the court to entertain specified claims concerning the judgment debtor’s assets and enter any order or judgment, including a money judgment; authorizing the court to enter a money judgment against an impleaded defendant under certain circumstances; providing that certain transfers of charitable contributions to charitable or religious organizations are exempt from specified provisions, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 828 (Ch. 2014-182)
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 69
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/03/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Introduced -SJ 69
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/11/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 241
• Now in Rules -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/20/14, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 304
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 304
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Retained on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/14 -SJ 335
• Read 2nd time -SJ 431
• Amendment(s) adopted (831798) -SJ 431
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 431
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 486
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 486
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 828 (Ch. 2014-182)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.