CS/HB 883: License Plates
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee ; Broxson
License Plates; Revises provisions for DHSMV to withhold renewal of registration or replacement registration of motor vehicle; revises conditions under which revalidation sticker or replacement license plate may be issued; prohibits DHSMV from issuing license plate, revalidation sticker, or replacement license plate for vehicle or vessel identified in notice from lienor; revises procedures for dispute of notice to surrender vehicle or vessel; authorizes civil actions & award of attorney fees & costs.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Transportation, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7005 (Ch. 2014-216)
Location: In committee/council (TR)
Bill Text: PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 77
• Introduced -HJ 77
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee, 03/18/14, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 326
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 321
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 336
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/01/14, 8:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 428
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 428
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/04/14, 9:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 466
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 466
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 625
• Read 3rd time -HJ 626
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 626
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 592
• Received -SJ 592
• Died in Transportation, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7005 (Ch. 2014-216)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.