CS/SB 918: Termination of Pregnancies
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Benacquisto
Termination of Pregnancies; Revising the circumstances under which a pregnancy in the third trimester may be terminated; authorizing administrative discipline for a violation of certain provisions by certain licensed professionals; requiring a physician to perform certain examinations to determine the viability of a fetus; prohibiting an abortion of a viable fetus outside of a hospital, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1047 (Ch. 2014-137) -SJ 599
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Policy; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 74
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/05/14, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 73
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 04/01/14, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 442
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 447
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 442
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 459
• Now in Rules -SJ 459
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/21/14, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 7 NAYS 5 -SJ 515
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 515
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 598
• Amendment(s) failed (111298) -SJ 598
• Substituted CS/HB 1047 -SJ 599
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1047 (Ch. 2014-137) -SJ 599
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.