CS/CS/SB 1114: Retirement
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Community Affairs
Retirement; Revising the definition of “vested” or “vesting” to provide that a member initially enrolled in the Florida Retirement System after a certain date is vested in the pension plan after completing 10 years of creditable service; providing for compulsory membership in the Florida Retirement System Investment Plan for certain members of the Elected Officers’ Class initially enrolled after a certain date; authorizing renewed membership in the retirement system for retirees who are reemployed in a position eligible for the Elected Officers’ Class under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5005 (Ch. 2014-54)
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• SPB 7046 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1114) by Community Affairs
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 90
• Introduced -SJ 90
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/10/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 515
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 515
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 518
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 10 NAYS 8 -SJ 698
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 698
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/14
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 699
• Read 2nd time -SJ 850
• Amendment(s) adopted (364164, 446396, 730910) -SJ 851
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5005 (Ch. 2014-54)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.