The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 1202: Career Centers and Charter Technical Career Centers
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Montford
Career Centers and Charter Technical Career Centers; Authorizing a career center or a charter technical career center to offer college credit courses applicable toward specific certificates or degrees; renaming the applied technology diploma program as the college credit certificate program and clarifying the program; revising and clarifying tuition and fees for specific workforce education programs; authorizing a career center to offer associate in applied science degree programs, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 851 (Ch. 2014-62)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 96
• Introduced -SJ 96
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/25/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 355
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 355
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 367
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 851 (Ch. 2014-62)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.