CS/CS/HB 7057: Career Centers and Charter Technical Career Centers
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee ; Rodrigues, R. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell
Career Centers and Charter Technical Career Centers; Authorizes career center & charter technical career center to offer college credit courses applicable toward specific certificates or degrees; provides process for approval to offer specific degree programs; renames & clarifies applied technology diploma program; revises & clarifies tuition & fees for specific workforce education programs; revises funding calculation & allocation for workforce education programs.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 851 (Ch. 2014-62)
Location: In committee/council (ED)
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/05/14, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 127
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 218
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 215
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 215
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/20/14, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 327
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 324
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 337
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 352
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 372
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 372
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 377
• Received -SJ 377
• Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 851 (Ch. 2014-62)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.