CS/SB 1394: Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Legg
Education; Adding a superintendent of schools to the membership of the Children and Youth Cabinet; revising the requirements to earn a Merit designation on a standard high school diploma, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 112
• Introduced -SJ 112
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/25/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 355
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 355
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/09/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 515
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 515
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 620
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 625
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 620
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/14
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 879
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.