CS/CS/SB 1672: Property Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Commerce and Tourism ; Banking and Insurance
Property Insurance; Providing additional grounds for refusing, suspending, or revoking a license or appointment of an insurance agent, adjuster, customer representative, or managing general agent based on the acceptance of payment for certain referrals; prohibiting a public adjuster or public adjuster apprentice from choosing the persons or entities that will perform repair work in a property insurance claim; requiring the corporation to cease offering new commercial residential policies providing multiperil coverage after a certain date and continue offering commercial residential wind-only policies, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-104
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• SPB 7062 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1672) by Banking and Insurance
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 263
• Introduced -SJ 263
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/07/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 460
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 460
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 465
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/21/14, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -SJ 515
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 515
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 519
• Read 2nd time -SJ 604
• Amendment(s) adopted (153650, 716160) -SJ 604
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, withdrawn (153650) -SJ 604
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 604
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 647
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 22 NAYS 16 -SJ 648
• Immediately certified -SJ 648
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 832
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 832
• Read 2nd time -HJ 874
• Amendment(s) adopted (352263, 578987, 595085, 877707, 930989) -HJ 875
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 900
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 901
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 5 amendment(s) (352263, 578987, 595085, 877707, 930989) -SJ 975
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 25 NAYS 8 -SJ 976
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 976
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-104
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.