CS/HB 7085: Security of Confidential Personal Information
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Metz
Security of Confidential Personal Information; Designates act as "Florida Information Protection Act of 2014"; requires specified entities to take reasonable measures to protect & secure data containing personal information in electronic form & notify DLA of data security breaches; requires DLA to report annually to Legislature; provides requirements for disposal of customer records; provides for enforcement actions by DLA; provides civil penalties.
Last Action: 4/29/2014 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1524 (Ch. 2014-189), CS/CS/SB 1526 (Ch. 2014-190) -HJ 869
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 131
• Referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 272
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/04/14, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 483
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 481
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 507
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 1524 -HJ 869
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1524 (Ch. 2014-189), CS/CS/SB 1526 (Ch. 2014-190) -HJ 869
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.