CS/SB 864: Instructional Materials for K-12 Public Education
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Hays ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Benacquisto ; Negron
Instructional Materials for K-12 Public Education; Providing that the district school board has the constitutional duty and responsibility to select and provide adequate instructional materials for all students; providing requirements for a district instructional materials program and district school board rules relating thereto; deleting provisions regarding the adoption of certain instructional materials for mathematics; providing that the act does not limit or remove the responsibility of each school district to include certain instruction in its curriculum, etc.
- Education (ED)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
• Referred to Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 70
• Introduced -SJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/11/14, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 241
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/26/14, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 356
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 356
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/14
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 363
• Read 2nd time -SJ 434
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 488
• CS passed; YEAS 21 NAYS 19 -SJ 488
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 783
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/14
• Received -HJ 783
• Read 2nd time -HJ 810
• Amendment(s) adopted (982771) -HJ 813
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 822
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 84 NAYS 33 -HJ 823
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (291729) -SJ 886
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 31 NAYS 4 -SJ 889
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 889
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-15
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.