CS/CS/SB 118: Voluntary Contributions for Public Education Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Finance and Tax ; Hays ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Gibson
Voluntary Contributions for Public Education Facilities; Authorizing a participating business that registers with the Department of Revenue to solicit and collect contributions from its customers for the construction and maintenance of public education facilities; requiring the department to issue a certificate and taxpayer identification number to a participating business; providing that contributions become state funds at the moment of collection by a participating business; including voluntary contributions as a source of funding for the Public Education Capital Outlay and Debt Service Trust Fund, etc. APPROPRIATION: $195,486.00
Last Action: 4/28/2015 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Finance and Tax; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Fiscal Policy -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 02/16/15, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/02/15, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• Introduced -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/16/15, 2:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 192
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 199
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 192
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 351
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 351
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/20/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 426
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 667
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 698
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 698
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.