CS/HB 153: Literacy Jump Start Pilot Project
GENERAL BILL by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee ; Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Artiles ; Bracy ; Cortes, J. ; Cruz ; Fitzenhagen ; Geller ; Grant ; Hager ; Harrell ; Jones, M. ; Mayfield ; McGhee ; Moraitis ; Murphy ; Narain ; Pafford ; Perry ; Powell ; Pritchett ; Rader ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Santiago ; Slosberg ; Stafford ; Stark ; Torres ; Watson, B. ; Watson, C. ; Williams
Literacy Jump Start Pilot Project; Requires Office of Early Learning to establish pilot project in St. Lucie County to assist low-income, at-risk children in developing emergent literacy skills; requires OEL to select organization to implement pilot project; provides eligibility requirements for participation; requires background screening for childcare personnel; requires OEL to allocate funds for pilot project.
Last Action: 6/11/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-104
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Choice and Innovation Subcommittee, 02/03/15, 1:30 pm, 306 HOB
• CS by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 133
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 131
• Introduced -HJ 17
• CS by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/12/15, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 223
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 223
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/19/15, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 285
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 285
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 733
• Amendment(s) adopted (606917) -HJ 733
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 787
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 787
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 640
• Received -SJ 640
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 691
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 691
• Substituted for CS/SB 1116 -SJ 691
• Read 2nd time -SJ 691
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 715
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 715
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-104
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.