CS/SB 688: Opening and Closing of Public Schools
GENERAL BILL by Education Pre-K - 12 ; Montford
Opening and Closing of Public Schools; Revising a requirement for the uniform opening date of public schools; providing that academically high-performing school districts must comply with provisions relating to the uniform opening date of public schools; providing an exception for certain school districts for a certain timeframe, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2015-6)
Location: In committee/council (AP)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 79
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/04/15, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 79
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -SJ 192
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 192
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/16/15, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 221
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 206
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 221
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2015-6)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.