The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 1248: Family Law
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Stargel
Family Law; Prohibiting a court from using certain presumptive alimony guidelines in calculating alimony pendente lite; providing presumptions concerning alimony awards depending on the duration of marriages; prohibiting a combined award of alimony and child support from constituting more than a specified percentage of a payor’s net income; creating a presumption that approximately equal time-sharing by both parents is in the best interests of the child; providing that a party may pursue an immediate modification of alimony in certain circumstances, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 121
• Introduced -SJ 121
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/24/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 259
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 259
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 275
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/08/15, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 373
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 373
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/21/15, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -SJ 504
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 504
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Removed from Calendar -SJ 600
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 600
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.