CS/HB 7017: Early Learning
GENERAL BILL by Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; Education Committee ; O'Toole ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles
Early Learning; Includes large family child care homes in local zoning regulation requirements; revises certain minimum standards for child care facilities & requirements for certain personnel; provides for inspection of programs regulated by DCF; provides exemptions from child care facility licensing standards; revises restrictions on residential property insurance coverage to include coverage for large family child care homes & Child Care Executive Partnership; provides OEL with authority to allocate certain funds.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Location: In committee/council (ED)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 118
• Referred to Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 194
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/12/15, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 250
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 249
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 248
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 732
• Amendment(s) adopted (442415, 490137, 769921) -HJ 732
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 786
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 786
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 652
• Received -SJ 652
• Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.