CS/HB 7055: Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee ; Steube ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell
Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; Revises provisions for funeral expenses for certain officers killed in line of duty, flag displayed when load extends beyond vehicle, permitting of overlength trailers, display of vehicle for sale, hire, or rent, pilot program for rebuilt inspection services, options on application forms, residential manufactured buildings on mobile home lots, specialty & special license plates, disclosure of insurance policy numbers, & emergency allergy treatment.
Last Action: 6/15/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-163, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 676 (Ch. 2015-60)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 184
• Referred to Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 203
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/24/15, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 305
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 305
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/08/15, 10:00 am, Reed Hall --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/14/15, 9:30 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 581
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 578
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 588
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/15
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 608
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 755
• Amendment(s) adopted (332591) -HJ 756
• Amendment(s) failed (296643, 359133) -HJ 757
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 807
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 808
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Fiscal Policy -SJ 652
• Received -SJ 652
• Withdrawn from Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Fiscal Policy -SJ 749
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 749
• Substituted for CS/SB 7072 -SJ 749
• Read 2nd time -SJ 749
• Read 3rd time -SJ 753
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 753
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-163, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 676 (Ch. 2015-60)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.