CS/CS/SB 972: Ad Valorem Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Finance and Tax ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Margolis
Ad Valorem Taxation; Revising the definition of the term “common element” for purposes of prorating ad valorem taxes for certain properties under certain circumstances; establishing deadlines for value adjustment boards to hear petitions and issue the second tax roll certification; authorizing the district school board and county commission to audit certain expenses of the value adjustment board; requiring a property appraiser to notify a petitioner when property record cards are available online, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2015 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 99
• Introduced -SJ 99
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/17/15, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 191
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/30/15, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 316
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 320
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/16/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 432
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 668
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 699
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 699
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.