CS/SB 334: Severe Injuries Caused by Dogs
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Montford
Severe Injuries Caused by Dogs; Providing for discretionary quarantine or impoundment of dogs that cause severe injuries to humans; specifying responsibility for payment of boarding and other costs; revising a requirement for automatic euthanasia for certain dogs that cause severe injury to humans; authorizing local governments to adopt certain ordinances pertaining to dogs that have bitten or attacked persons or domestic animals, etc.
Last Action: 2/11/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 91 (Ch. 2016-16) -SJ 359
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 12/01/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 127
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/11/16, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Introduced -SJ 27
• Now in Rules -SJ 126
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 112
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/20/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 238
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 238
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/02/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 287
• Amendment(s) adopted (286628) -SJ 287
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 287
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 359
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 91 -SJ 359
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 91 (Ch. 2016-16) -SJ 359
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.