SB 550: Volunteer Rural Firefighting
GENERAL BILL by Dean
Volunteer Rural Firefighting; Authorizing the Division of State Fire Marshal within the Department of Financial Services to award a Volunteer Rural Firefighter Certificate of Completion; requiring the division to establish by rule courses and course examinations to provide training required to obtain the certificate; revising the circumstances under which a fire service provider may retain the services of a volunteer firefighter, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/01/16, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 290
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 290
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/09/16, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/17/16, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 424
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.