CS/SB 886: Parent and Student Rights
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Benacquisto
Parent and Student Rights; Revising public school educational choice options available to students throughout the state to include CAPE Digital Tool certificates, CAPE industry certifications, and collegiate high school programs; deleting the definition of and provisions relating to the term “controlled open enrollment”; requiring each school district board to establish a classroom teacher transfer process for parents, to approve or deny a transfer request within a certain timeframe, to notify a parent of a denial, and to post an explanation of the transfer process in the student handbook or a similar publication, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 67
• Introduced -SJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 01/20/16, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 8 NAYS 3 -SJ 238
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 238
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 01/28/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 291
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 291
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 502
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.