CS/SB 1166: Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Gaetz
Education; Establishing a collaboration between the state board and the Legislature to designate certain Florida College System institutions as distinguished colleges; requiring each district school board and charter school governing board to authorize a parent to have his or her child participate in controlled open enrollment; revising the purpose of the Credit Acceleration Program; requiring the FHSAA to allow a private school to maintain full membership in the association or to join by sport; revising the calculation for certain supplemental funds for exceptional student education programs, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 837 (Ch. 2016-137), HB 5003 (Ch. 2016-62), CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237) -SJ 672
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 88
• Introduced -SJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 01/25/16, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 01/28/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 291
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 291
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 506
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 672
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 7029 -SJ 672
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 837 (Ch. 2016-137), HB 5003 (Ch. 2016-62), CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237) -SJ 672
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.