CS/CS/SB 1026: High School Athletics
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education Pre-K - 12 ; Simmons
High School Athletics; Requiring the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) to allow a private school to join the association as a full-time member or to join by sport; authorizing the FHSAA to allow a public school to apply for consideration to join another athletic association; providing a process for resolving student eligibility disputes, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 77
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 01/14/16, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 77
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 221
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 221
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 229
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/18/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 434
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 438
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/16 -SJ 914
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.