The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
HB 111: Jury Service
GENERAL BILL by Combee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gonzalez ; Passidomo ; Perry ; Steube ; Watson, C.
Jury Service; Provides that certain persons incapable of caring for themselves may be permanently excluded from jury service upon request; provides requirements for such request.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 10/20/15, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 158
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 158
• Introduced -HJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/28/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 322
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 322
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 539
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 569
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 569
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Health Policy; Rules -SJ 513
• Received -SJ 513
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Health Policy; Rules -SJ 547
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 547
• Substituted for SB 206 -SJ 547
• Read 2nd time -SJ 547
• Read 3rd time -SJ 547
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 547
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 687
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 726
• Approved by Governor -HJ 1048
• Chapter No. 2016-52
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.