CS/HB 1187: Department of Business and Professional Regulation
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Grant ; La Rosa
Department of Business and Professional Regulation; Deleting a requirement that yacht and ship brokers maintain a separate license for each branch office and related fees; repealing provisions relating to the duties of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation; deleting the authority of the department to reprimand, censure, or impose probation on certain business organizations; requiring injuries to racing greyhounds to be reported within a certain timeframe on a form adopted by the Division of Pari-mutuel Wagering of the department, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Regulated Industries, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 535 (Ch. 2016-129)
Location: In committee/council (RI)
Bill Text: PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 100
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 201
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 02/02/16, 10:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 5 -HJ 384
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 384
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/16/16, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 462
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 462
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 02/25/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 639
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 636
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 690
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 811
• Amendment(s) adopted (673727, 860767) -HJ 812
• Amendment temporarily postponed (154547) -HJ 814
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 860
• Amendment temporarily postponed (877471) -HJ 861
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 106 NAYS 2 -HJ 861
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 770
• Received -SJ 770
• Died in Regulated Industries, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 535 (Ch. 2016-129)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.