The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 1439: Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission/Transportation Network Companies
LOCAL BILL by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee ; Raulerson ; Young
Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission/Transportation Network Companies; Revises rulemaking authority for vehicle safety & equipment requirements; revises application & certification requirements to engage in business of operating handicabs in county; revises types of vehicles subject to restrictions on marks or identification; provides requirements for transportation network company services; prohibits certain acts by transportation network company drivers.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Rules
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Introduced -HJ 259
• Referred to Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government Affairs Subcommittee, 02/01/16, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 365
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 362
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 382
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/10/16, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 1 -HJ 437
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 437
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 745
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 848
• CS passed; YEAS 107 NAYS 0 -HJ 848
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 771
• Received -SJ 771
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.