SB 38: Relief of J.D.S. by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities
CLAIM/GENERAL by Soto
Relief of J.D.S. by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities; Providing for the relief of J.D.S.; providing an appropriation from the General Revenue Fund to compensate J.D.S. for injuries and damages sustained as a result of negligence by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities, as successor agency of the Department of Children and Family Services; providing that certain payments and the appropriation satisfy all present and future claims related to the negligent act; providing a limitation on the payment of fees and costs, etc. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $950,000.00
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Location: In committee/council (AP)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 8
• Introduced -SJ 8
• Recommendation: Favorable by Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 303
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 303
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/09/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.