CS/CS/HB 659: Automobile Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Santiago
Automobile Insurance; Provides exception to provision that deems use of single zip code as rating territory for insurance rates to be unfairly discriminatory; provides duties for OIR concerning such rates; authorizes Florida Automobile JUA & joint underwriting plan approved by OIR to cancel personal lines or commercial policies within specified time for nonpayment of premium due to certain reasons; prohibits insured from cancelling policy or binder within specified time except under certain conditions; requires that certain standard form be approved by office & adopted by FSC, rather than approved by office or adopted by commission; revises standards for compliance for specified billings for medical services; specifies additional entities that may receive reimbursement under Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law regardless of whether they meet specified licensure requirement.
Last Action: 3/28/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-133
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 58
• Introduced -HJ 58
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/19/16, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 262
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 261
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 261
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 260
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 02/17/16, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 507
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 504
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 517
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 713
• Amendment(s) adopted (707789) -HJ 713
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 734
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 111 NAYS 5 -HJ 735
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 728
• Received -SJ 728
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 908
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 908
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 1036 -SJ 908
• Read 2nd time -SJ 908
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 920
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 5 -SJ 920
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1046
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 1434
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-133
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.