CS/HB 693: Florida Seal of Biliteracy Program
GENERAL BILL by K-12 Subcommittee ; Fresen ; Rodriguez, J. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Diaz, M.
Florida Seal of Biliteracy Program; Creates Florida Seal of Biliteracy Program; provides program purpose; provides for administration of program & award of Gold Seal of Biliteracy or Silver Seal of Biliteracy; prohibits DOE & school districts from charging fee for seals; provides for rulemaking.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Appropriations Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to K-12 Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Education Committee -HJ 61
• Introduced -HJ 61
• PCS on Committee agenda-- K-12 Subcommittee, 01/20/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 257
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 255
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 261
• Died in Appropriations Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.