CS/SB 7040: Workforce Development
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Commerce and Tourism
Workforce Development; Authorizing a county or state official to be granted leave of absence from his or her office to serve in the National Guard of any state; providing implementation of the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act through a 4-year plan; deleting a provision authorizing an optional federal partner to fulfill certain state planning and reporting requirements; revising the entities required to collaborate with CareerSource Florida, Inc., to establish certain performance accountability measures; requiring CareerSource Florida, Inc., to establish regional planning areas subject to certain requirements by a certain date, etc.
Last Action: 4/8/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-216
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Submitted for consideration by Commerce and Tourism
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/11/16, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Fiscal Policy -SJ 226
• Introduced -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 01/28/16, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 275
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 275
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/04/16, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 317
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/18/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 419
• Amendment(s) adopted (572960, 715372) -SJ 420
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 422
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 445
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 446
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 838
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 837
• Read 2nd time -HJ 868
• Substituted for CS/HB 7065 -HJ 868
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 902
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 903
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 839
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-216
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.