CS/CS/SB 708: Arthur G. Dozier School for Boys
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Joyner ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Smith
Arthur G. Dozier School for Boys; Requiring certain historical resources, records, archives, artifacts, researches, medical records, and human remains to remain in the custody of the University of South Florida; requiring the Department of State to contract with the university for the identification and location of eligible next of kin of certain children; requiring the department to notify the next of kin of certain payment or reimbursement provisions; establishing a task force to make recommendations regarding a memorial and a location of a site for the reinterment of unidentified or unclaimed remains, etc. APPROPRIATION: $500,000.00
Last Action: 3/31/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-163
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 53
• Introduced -SJ 53
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 246
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 246
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 250
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/18/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 437
• Read 2nd time -SJ 455
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 488
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 488
• Immediately certified -SJ 494
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 826
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 826
• Read 2nd time -HJ 886
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 533 -HJ 886
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 919
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 3 -HJ 919
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 837
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-163
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.