The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 986: Workers’ Compensation System Administration
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Simpson
Workers’ Compensation System Administration; Deleting a required item to be listed on a notice of election to be exempt; requiring that the Department of Financial Services allow an employer who has not previously been issued an order of penalty assessment to receive a specified credit to be applied to the penalty; eliminating the certification requirements when an expert medical advisor is selected by a judge of compensation claims; deleting the requirement that employers notify the department within 24 hours of any injury resulting in death, etc.
Last Action: 3/3/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 613 (Ch. 2016-56) -SJ 631
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 74
• Introduced -SJ 74
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/01/16, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 304
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 304
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 314
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 529
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 631
• Substituted CS/HB 613 -SJ 631
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 613 (Ch. 2016-56) -SJ 631
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.