CS/CS/SB 80: Public Records
Public Records; Revising the circumstances under which a court must assess and award the reasonable costs of enforcement against an agency in a civil action to enforce ch. 119, F.S.; prohibiting the assessment and award of the reasonable costs of enforcement to a complainant who acted with an improper purpose, etc.
Last Action: 3/23/2017 Senate - Placed on 3rd reading
Location: On 3rd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/07/17, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 3 -SJ 147
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/06/17, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 149
• Introduced -SJ 43
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 138
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 149
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/14/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 234
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 234
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/23/17
• CS/CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 234
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.