CS/CS/SB 388: Beverage Law
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Regulated Industries ; Hutson
Beverage Law; Providing an exemption from provisions relating to the tied house evil for specified financial transactions between a manufacturer of beer or malt beverages and a licensed vendor; repealing provisions relating to limitations on the size of individual wine containers; revising provisions authorizing a restaurant to allow a patron to remove a resealed wine container from a restaurant for off-premises consumption, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2017 House - Received -HJ 794
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 65
• Introduced -SJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/15/17, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 233
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 233
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 236
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/03/17, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 292
• Now in Rules -SJ 292
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/12/17, 5:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 412
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 412
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 413
• Read 2nd time -SJ 421
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 430
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 430
• Immediately certified
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 794
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Received -HJ 794
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.