CS/CS/HB 599: Public Works Projects
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; Williamson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Santiago ; Yarborough
Public Works Projects; Prohibits state & political subdivisions that contract for public works projects from imposing restrictive conditions on certain contractors, subcontractors, or material suppliers or carriers; prohibits state & political subdivisions from restricting qualified bidders from submitting bids; provides applicability.
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 75
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/08/17, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 75
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 336
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 332
• Now in Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 349
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/15/17, 8:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 5 -HJ 372
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 372
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 03/22/17, 9:15 am, Morris Hall --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 03/29/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 8 -HJ 520
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 515
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 527
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 701
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 724
• CS passed; YEAS 77 NAYS 40 -HJ 725
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 456
• Received -SJ 456
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 504
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 504
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 534 -SJ 504
• Read 2nd time -SJ 504
• Amendment(s) failed (306116, 655646, 949562) -SJ 504
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 548
• CS passed; YEAS 20 NAYS 17 -SJ 548
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1016
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-113
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.