CS/HB 601: Personal Delivery Devices
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee ; Williamson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Miller, A.
Personal Delivery Devices; Authorizes operation of personal delivery devices in counties & municipalities; provides exceptions; provides operation requirements; requires specified insurance coverage; excludes devices from definition of "motor vehicle"; exempts devices from registration & insurance requirements.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Transportation, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1027 (Ch. 2017-150)
Bill Text: PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 75
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 03/07/17, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 75
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 317
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 314
• Now in Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 349
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/15/17, 8:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 372
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 372
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 03/22/17, 9:15 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 429
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 429
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 542
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 578
• Amendment(s) adopted (687147) -HJ 579
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 579
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Rules -SJ 409
• Received -SJ 409
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Transportation, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1027 (Ch. 2017-150)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.