CS/CS/SB 1008: Public Records/Injured or Deceased Employee/Department of Financial Services
Public Records/Injured or Deceased Employee/Department of Financial Services; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for the personal identifying information of an injured or deceased employee which is contained in reports, notices, records, or supporting documentation held by the Department of Financial Services pursuant to the Workers’ Compensation Law; providing a criminal penalty for willful and knowing disclosure of such information to an unauthorized person or entity; providing for future review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 1107 -SJ 600
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 112
• Introduced -SJ 112
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/03/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 300
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 303
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 300
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/17/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Now in Rules -SJ 424
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/25/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 478
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 481
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 600
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1107 -SJ 600
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 1107 -SJ 600
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.