CS/SB 1318: Child Protection
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Garcia ; Broxson
Child Protection; (THIS BILL COMBINES S1318 & 1454) Revising the entities responsible for screening, employing, and terminating child protection team medical directors to include the Statewide Medical Director for Child Protection; requiring the Department of Health, in consultation with the Department of Children and Families, to adopt rules regarding sexual abuse treatment programs; revising provisions regarding expert testimony provided by certain entities to include criminal cases involving child abuse and neglect, dependency cases, and cases involving sexual abuse of a child, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1269 (Ch. 2017-153) -SJ 646
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 185
• Introduced -SJ 185
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/27/17, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS combines this bill with SB 1454
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 268
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 257
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/18/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 435
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 435
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 646
• Substituted CS/HB 1269 -SJ 646
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1269 (Ch. 2017-153) -SJ 646
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.