CS/SB 1678: Motor Vehicle Applicants, Licensees, and Dealers
Motor Vehicle Applicants, Licensees, and Dealers; Providing that a motor vehicle dealer who constructs or alters sales or service facilities in reliance upon a program or incentive offered by an applicant or licensee is deemed to be in compliance with certain requirements for a specified period; specifying eligibility for benefits under a revised or new program, standard, policy, bonus, incentive, rebate, or other benefit; authorizing denial, suspension, or revocation of the license of an applicant or licensee who establishes certain performance measurement criteria that have a material or adverse effect on motor vehicle dealers, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2017 Senate - Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 478
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 212
• Introduced -SJ 212
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/22/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/28/17, 3:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 04/04/17, 9:30 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 3 NAYS 1 -SJ 299
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 305
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 299
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/17/17, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Now in Rules -SJ 424
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/25/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 478
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 478
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.