CS/CS/HB 293: Middle Grades
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; Burton ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cortes, B. ; Fine ; Fischer ; Jones ; Killebrew ; Plakon ; Ponder
Middle Grades; Requires that DOE contract to conduct comprehensive study of states with nationally recognized high-performing middle schools in reading & mathematics; requires report to Governor, SBE & Legislature by specified time; provides for expiration; deletes requirements related to career & education planning course for middle grades promotion; provides appropriation. APPROPRIATION: $50,000.00
Last Action: 6/2/2017 - Chapter No. 2017-55, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 51
• Introduced -HJ 51
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 2:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 369
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 369
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 492
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 482
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 610
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 606
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 736
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 763, 764
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 764
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations -SJ 484
• Received -SJ 484
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations -SJ 877
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 877
• Substituted for CS/SB 360 -SJ 877
• Read 2nd time -SJ 877
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 908
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 908
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1261
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-55, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.