HB 5101: Educational Funding
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; Diaz, M. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fischer
Educational Funding; Revises provisions relating to Just Read, Florida! Office, educational services in DOJ programs, supplemental academic instruction categorical fund, sparsity supplement, research-based reading instruction allocation, Florida digital classroom allocation, & standard student attire incentive payments; creates safe schools allocation.
Last Action: 4/13/2017 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116), SB 2500 (Ch. 2017-70) -HJ 658
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 519
• Introduced -HJ 513
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/05/17, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 591
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 591
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/12/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 621
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Substituted SB 2516 (Died in Conference Committee in Senate) -HJ 658
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116), SB 2500 (Ch. 2017-70) -HJ 658
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.