HB 5105: School Improvement
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Latvala ; Bileca ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Donalds ; Fischer ; Raburn
School Improvement; Revises provisions relating to school improvement plans, early warning systems, student intervention & support services, district-managed turnaround plans, & charter school corrective actions; creates schools of hope; creates Schools of Hope Revolving Loan Program.
Date Chamber Action 3/30/2017 House • Filed
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 519
3/31/2017 House • Introduced -HJ 524
4/3/2017 House • On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/05/17, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
4/5/2017 House • Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 9 -HJ 591
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 591
4/6/2017 House • Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/12/17
4/12/2017 House • Read 2nd time -HJ 619
• Placed on 3rd reading
4/13/2017 House • Read 3rd time -HJ 644
• Passed; YEAS 77 NAYS 40 -HJ 644
• Immediately certified -HJ 647
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -HJ 647
4/13/2017 Senate • In Messages
• Received -SJ 399
• Referred to Appropriations; Rules -SJ 399
• Withdrawn from Appropriations; Rules -SJ 399
• Read 2nd time -SJ 399
• Amendment(s) adopted (156506) -SJ 399
• Read 3rd time -SJ 399
• Passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 399
• The Senate having refused to pass the bill as passed by the House, acceded to the request for a conference -SJ 404
• Immediately certified -SJ 404
4/13/2017 House • In returning messages
4/27/2017 House • Bill placed in Conference (Appropriations Conference Committee)
4/27/2017 Senate • Bill placed in Conference (Appropriations Conference Committee)
• Conference Committee appointed: Appropriations Conference Committee: Latvala (Chair), Flores (Vice Chair), Baxley (At Large), Benacquisto (At Large), Bradley (At Large), Braynon (At Large), Clemens (At Large), Galvano (At Large), Grimsley (At Large), Montford (At Large), Simpson (At Large); Appropriations Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Bean (Chair), Baxley, Bracy, Clemens, Perry; Appropriations Conference Committee on General Government/Governmental Operations and Technology: Grimsley (Chair), Bean, Broxson, Campbell, Garcia, Mayfield, Rodriguez, Rouson, Torres; Appropriations Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Flores (Chair), Baxley, Book, Passidomo, Powell, Rader, Stargel; Appropriations Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Galvano (Chair), Bradley, Clemens, Farmer, Lee, Simmons; Appropriations Conference Committee on Pre-K - 12 Education/Pre K - 12 Education: Simmons (Chair), Broxson, Farmer, Grimsley, Lee, Montford, Rouson, Young; Appropriations Conference Committee on the Environment and Natural Resources/Agriculture and Natural Resources: Bradley (Chair), Book, Braynon, Hutson, Latvala, Mayfield, Stewart; Appropriations Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Tourism: Brandes (Chair), Benacquisto, Gainer, Gibson, Passidomo, Powell, Rader, Simpson, Thurston -SJ 504
4/27/2017 House • Conference Committee appointed: Appropriations Conference Committee on Pre-K - 12 Education/Pre K - 12 Education: Representatives Diaz, M. (Chair), Antone, Brown, Donalds, Fine, Fischer, Hardemon, Latvala, Lee, Massullo, McClain, Newton, Raburn, Renner, Russell, Sullivan -HJ 902
5/5/2017 House • Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
5/8/2017 House • See CS/HB 7069
HB 5105, Original Filed Version (Current Bill Version) Posted 3/30/2017 at 5:18 PM
Bill Text: Analyses: Appropriations Committee (Post-Meeting) 4/5/2017 (pdf)
Related Bills (7)
Bill Number Subject Filed By Relationship Learn more about bill relationships Last Action and Location Track Bills H 79 (c1) Education Harrell Compare Last Action: 5/5/2017 H Died in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116) H 5001 General Appropriations Act Appropriations Committee Compare Last Action: 4/13/2017 H Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2500 (Ch. 2017-70), HB 5203 (Ch. 2017-191), HB 5205 (Ch. 2017-157), HB 5401 (Ch. 2017-158), HB 5403 (Ch. 2017-159), CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116), SB 2502 (Ch. 2017-71), SB 2504 (Ch. 2017-125), SB 2506 (Ch. 2017-126), SB 2508 (Ch. 2017-127), SB 2510 (Ch. 2017-128), SB 2514 (Ch. 2017-129), SB 7022 (Ch. 2017-88) -HJ 677 H 7069 (er) Education Education Committee Compare Last Action: 6/16/2017 Chapter No. 2017-116, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 15 (Ch. 2017-166), CS/CS/HB 293 (Ch. 2017-55), CS/CS/HB 989 (Ch. 2017-177), SB 2500 (Ch. 2017-70) S 656 Education Bean Compare Last Action: 5/5/2017 S Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116) S 796 (c2) K-12 Public Schools Bean Compare Last Action: 5/5/2017 S Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116) S 1552 (c2) K-12 Education Simmons Compare Last Action: 5/5/2017 S Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116) S 2500 (er) Appropriations Appropriations Compare Last Action: 3/13/2018 S Line Item Veto message transmitted to Secretary of State
Floor Amendments (1)
Amendment Sponsor Filed Last Floor Action Format 156506 - Amendment (Delete All)
Delete everything after the enacting clause and insert:
Floor Votes (3)
Date Chamber Result 4/13/2017 3:35 PM House 116 Yeas - 0 Nays 4/13/2017 3:35 PM House 77 Yeas - 40 Nays 4/13/2017 5:13 PM Senate 35 Yeas - 0 Nays
Citations - Statutes (6)
Citation Catchline Location in Bill Location In Bill Help 1001.292 Page 32 (pdf) 1001.42 Powers and duties of district school board. Page 3 (pdf) 1002.33 Charter schools. Page 13 (pdf) 1002.333 Page 17 (pdf) 1008.33 Authority to enforce public school improvement. Page 7 (pdf) 1008.345 Implementation of state system of school improvement and education accountability. Page 12 (pdf)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.