CS/SB 530: Health Insurer Authorization
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Steube ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rouson
Health Insurer Authorization; Requiring health insurers and pharmacy benefits managers on behalf of health insurers to provide certain information relating to prior authorization in a specified manner; requiring health insurers to publish on their websites and provide in writing to insureds a specified procedure to obtain protocol exceptions, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 74
• Introduced -SJ 74
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/27/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 258
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 261
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/04/17, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 299
• Now in Rules -SJ 299
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/12/17, 5:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 404
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 404
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 421
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 429
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 429
• Immediately certified
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.