CS/CS/HB 543: Regulation of Health Care Practitioners
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health Innovation Subcommittee ; Pigman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hardemon ; Jenne
Regulation of Health Care Practitioners; Removing a provision that requires a joint committee to determine standards for the content of advanced registered nurse practitioner protocols; removing an obsolete qualification that is no longer sufficient to satisfy certain nursing certification requirements; requiring an advanced registered nurse practitioner to enter into a supervisory protocol with a physician under certain circumstances; authorizing the board to conduct certain onsite evaluations; requiring the Florida Center for Nursing to evaluate program-specific data for each approved nursing program and make an annual assessment of compliance by nursing programs with certain accreditation requirements; authorizing a pharmacist to administer specified medication by injection under certain circumstances, etc.
• Referred to Health Innovation Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 71
• On Committee agenda-- Health Innovation Subcommittee, 02/22/17, 3:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 275
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 269
• Introduced -HJ 71
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 264
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 369
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 369
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/23/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 528
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 526
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 829
• Amendment(s) adopted (208377, 356095, 442471, 505601) -HJ 829, 831
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 871, 872
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 872
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Rules -SJ 605
• Received -SJ 605
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Rules -SJ 745
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 745
• Substituted for CS/SB 328 -SJ 745
• Read 2nd time -SJ 745
• Amendment(s) adopted (323602) -SJ 746
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 877
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 878
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (323602) -HJ 1148, 1151
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 1 -HJ 1151
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1151
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-134
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.