CS/SB 668: Postsecondary Distance Education
Postsecondary Distance Education; Authorizing this state to participate in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) for delivery of postsecondary distance education; providing definitions; establishing the Postsecondary Reciprocal Distance Education Coordinating Council within the Department of Education; authorizing the council to revoke a Florida SARA institution’s participation for noncompliance, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 859 -SJ 595
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education; Appropriations -SJ 85
• Introduced -SJ 85
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/27/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education -SJ 258
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 262
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education, 04/13/17, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 412
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 412
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 595
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 859 -SJ 595
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 859 -SJ 595
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.