The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 79: Education
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee ; Harrell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Asencio ; Jones ; Williams
Education; Revises duties of Just Read, Florida! Office relating to reading instruction, training, & research; revises parent notification requirements relating to students with reading deficiencies; revises requirements & standards for teacher training & professional certificates & endorsements; revises requirements & criteria for remediation & identification of students with reading deficiencies; revises reporting requirements relating to school improvement & accountability; revises requirements for instructional materials funds; revises duties of school districts relating to professional development.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 House - Died in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 36
• Introduced -HJ 36
• PCS on Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 2:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 372
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 364
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 389
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.